Download the MAP Toolkit 6.0:http://www.microsoft.com/map
Planning your journey to the cloud just got easier. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 6.0 includes assessment capabilities to evaluate workloads for both public and private cloud platforms. With MAP 6.0, you now have the ability to identify workloads and estimate the infrastructure size and resources needed for both Windows Azure and Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track. Also, new to MAP 6.0, is an Office 365 client assessment, enhanced VMware inventory, and Oracle schema discovery and reporting. Expanded assessment and discovery capabilities from MAP help you simplify planning for your next migration project. Plan what’s next with MAP.
New features and benefits from MAP 6.0 release help you:
· Analyze your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure Platform
· Accelerate private cloud planning with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track onboarding
· Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory
· Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
· Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
· Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server
The Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Program is a joint effort between Microsoft and its partner original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to help organizations quickly develop and implement private clouds, while reducing both the cost and the risk. It provides a reference architecture that combines Microsoft software, consolidated guidance, and validated configurations with partner technology—such as compute, network and storage architectures, and value-added software components.
The private cloud model provides much of the efficiency and agility of cloud computing along with the increased control and customization achieved through dedicated private resources. With the Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track program, Microsoft and its hardware partners provide organizations both the control and the flexibility required to reap the full benefits of the private cloud.
The Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Program provides a reference architecture for building private clouds on each organization’s unique terms. Each fast-track solution helps organizations implement private clouds with increased ease and confidence. Among the benefits of the Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Program are faster deployment, reduced risk, and a lower cost of ownership.
· End-to-end architectural and deployment guidance
· Streamlined infrastructure planning due to predefined capacity
· Enhanced functionality and automation through deep knowledge of infrastructure
· Integrated management for virtual machine (VM) and infrastructure deployment
· Self-service portal for rapid and simplified provisioning of resources
· Tested, end-to-end interoperability of compute, storage, and network
· Predefined, out-of-box solutions based on a common cloud architecture that has already been tested and validated
· High degree of service availability through automated load balancing
Lower cost of ownership:
· A cost-optimized, platform and software-independent solution for rack system integration
· High performance and scalability with Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system advanced platform editions of Hyper-V technology
· Minimized backup times and fulfilled recovery time objectives for each business critical environment