Just one week after Microsoft Management Summit 2011 (MMS), Microsoft Learning will be hosting an exclusive three-day Jump Start class specially tailored for VMware and Microsoft virtualization technology pros. Registration for “Microsoft Virtualization for VMware Professionals” is open now and will be delivered as a FREE online class on March 29-31, 2010 from 10:00am-4:00pm PDT.
What’s the high-level overview?
· This cutting edge course will feature expert instruction and real-world demonstrations of Hyper-V and brand new releases from System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Beta (many of which will be announced just one week earlier at MMS). Register Now!
· Day 1 will focus on “Platform” (Hyper-V, virtualization architecture, high availability & clustering)
o 10:00am – 10:30pm PDT: Virtualization 360 Overview
o 10:30am – 12:00pm: Microsoft Hyper-V Deployment Options & Architecture
o 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Differentiating Microsoft and VMware (terminology, etc.)
o 2:00pm – 4:00pm: High Availability & Clustering
· Day 2 will focus on “Management” (System Center Suite, SCVMM 2012 Beta, Opalis, Private Cloud solutions)
o 10:00am – 11:00pm PDT: System Center Suite Overview w/ focus on DPM
o 11:00am – 12:00pm: Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 1
o 1:00pm – 1:30pm: Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 2
o 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Automation with System Center Opalis & PowerShell
o 2:30pm – 4:00pm: Private Cloud Solutions, Architecture & VMM SSP 2.0
· Day 3 will focus on “VDI” (VDI Infrastructure/architecture, v-Alliance, application delivery via VDI)
o 10:00am – 11:00pm PDT: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 1
o 11:00am – 12:00pm: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 2
o 1:00pm – 2:30pm: v-Alliance Solution Overview
o 2:30pm – 4:00pm: Application Delivery for VDI
· Every section will be team-taught by two of the most respected authorities on virtualization technologies: Microsoft Technical Evangelist Symon Perriman and leading Hyper-V, VMware, and XEN infrastructure consultant, Corey Hynes
Who is the target audience for this training?
Suggested prerequisite skills include real-world experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, virtualization and datacenter management. The course is tailored to these types of roles:
· IT Professional
· IT Decision Maker
· Network Administrators & Architects
· Storage/Infrastructure Administrators & Architects
How do I to register and learn more about this great training opportunity?
· Register: Visit the Registration Page and sign up for all three sessions
· Blog: Learn more from the Microsoft Learning Blog
· Twitter: Here are a few posts you can retweet:
o Mar. 29-31 "Microsoft #Virtualization for VMware Pros" @SymonPerriman Corey Hynes http://bit.ly/JS-Hyper-V @MSLearning #Hyper-V
o @SysCtrOpalis Mar. 29-31 "Microsoft #Virtualization for VMware Pros" @SymonPerriman Corey Hynes http://bit.ly/JS-Hyper-V #Hyper-V
o Learn all the cool new features in Hyper-V & System Center 2012! SCVMM, Self-Service Portal 2.0, http://bit.ly/JS-Hyper-V #Hyper-V #Opalis
What is a “Jump Start” course?
A “Jump Start” course is “team-taught” by two expert instructors in an engaging radio talk show style format. The idea is to deliver readiness training on strategic and emerging technologies that drive awareness at scale before Microsoft Learning develops mainstream Microsoft Official Courses (MOC) that map to certifications. All sessions are professionally recorded and distributed through MS Showcase, Channel 9, Zune Marketplace and iTunes for broader reach.
Please join us for this fantastic event!