While trying to install agents in a OpsMgr 2007 SP1 environment, we had a never ending discovery issue. Not matter which type of discovery we selected from the Discovery Wizard, they all just ran and ran and.
There did not appear to be any events or alerts related to this issue, so we were stumped. After search Microsoft resources, we found the answer. SQL Broker. It wasn’t activated nor enabled on the OperationsManger database.
We used the following SQL statements to get it going:
CREATE ENDPOINT BrokerEndpoint
STATE = STARTED
AS TCP ( LISTENER_PORT = 4037 )
FOR SERVICE_BROKER ( AUTHENTICATION = WINDOWS ) ;
OperationsManager SET ENABLE_BROKER
Posted by jfhann at Ops Manager – John Hann