availability of the Release Candidate 1 software on the Microsoft
Connect site. We encourage you to promptly download and start testing
this exciting release of SCE!
* Go to http://connect.microsoft.com/SystemCenter
* Click Sign in and using the Live ID you used to register for SCE
Beta sign in
* Click the System Center Operations and Service Management
<https://connect.microsoft.com/SystemCenter> link under "My
* Read the announcements and then click "Downloads" to access
What’s New in Essentials RC1?
* Support for upgrading from WSUS 2.0 and 3.0
* Emailed Daily Health Report
* Automatic scheduled discovery of computers from Active Directory
* Enhanced network monitoring of SNMP-enabled network devices
including a network topology diagram view
* Remote Control support for remote control of managed client and
* Ability to import Update catalogs from third-party software
* SQL Services based reporting on monitoring, hardware and
* Setup experience improvements for SQL Server selection and file
* More management packs including support for Exchange 2003,
Dynamics CRM 3.0, and Active Directory
Enhanced Platform support
* non-English US locales
* installing Essentials on x64 servers
* managing Windows Vista
* managing x64 systems
* Support for managing systems in multiple domains in a single
Notes for RC1:
* There is no upgrade from Beta 2 to RC1. You must fully uninstall
Beta 2 before your deploy RC1. We have documented complete UNINSTALL
steps in the Scenario guide and also as an announcement on the Connect
* Be sure to read the Release Notes to avoid any known issues.
* Please read the Deployment Guide and Scenario document to get
the most out of this release.
Managed Services Program:
If your organization provides managed IT services for other mid-market
companies and you would like to use SCE to help manage your customers
please sign up for our Managed Services Solution program.
This will provide you with additional resources that enable this
We look forward to seeing your feedback on this release in our
Thank you, the System Center Essentials Team.